Monday, December 12, 2011
Christmas Baking Craziness
This is what I am making this year:
- 2 x christmas cakes (one is gluten free this year for my dad)
- a full-size traditional steamed plum pudding
- a batch of mini fruitcakes
- a peach tart
- a chocolate marquise cake
- choc peanut butter slice
- cranberry cookies
- chocolate peanut butter cheesecake
- a frozen christmas pudding
- sugar cookies to decorate with the kids
I know in a few years that list will blow out even further when we'll be baking gifts for teachers too.
We are having a Christmas eve dinner at our place for close family this year and have finally decided on a menu. I'll be doing a pineapple and brown sugar glazed ham, a boneless, butterflied roast turkey, potato bake and salads with plum pudding and custard for dessert. Yum!
And then we'll be rocking up to do it all again on Christmas Day AND Boxing Day!
Luckily Christmas only happens once a year!
What are you baking this year?